2021 Practice Times
For the 2021 season, we may have to adjust the practice sessions depending on how many kids join the team. There will be 10 minutes between each session for sanitizing. Stay tuned for more information.
Practice while school is in session:
Tuesday, April 28th - Friday, May 28th,
Tuesday through Friday:
4:30 - 5:15 p.m. 9 and up Age Group (45 min)
4:45 - 5:15 p.m. 6 & Under Age Group A (30 min- Shallow end)
5:25-5:50 p.m 6 & Under Age Group B (30 min- Shallow end)
5:25 - 6:10 p.m. 7-8 Age Group (45 min)
Thursday, May 27th NO PRACTICE--SBISD's last day of school
Saturday practices while school is in session:
8:45 - 9:15 a.m. 6 & Under Age Group A (30 min- Shallow end)
8:45 - 9:30 a.m. 9 and up Age Group (45 min)
9:45 - 10:15 a.m. 6 & Under Age Group B (30 min- Shallow end)
9:45 - 10:30 a.m 7-8 year olds (45 min)
Practice when school is out:
Tuesday, June 1st- Friday, June 25th
***You can choose to attend morning or evening practices.
Tuesday through Friday Only (NO SATURDAYS):
10:00 - 10:50 a.m. 7-8 year olds (50 min)
11:00 - 12:00 p.m. 9 and up Age Group (60 min)
Afternoon practice Tuesday through Friday:
4:00 - 4:30 p.m. 6 & Under Age Group A (30 min- Shallow end)
4:40 - 5:10 p.m 6 & Under Age Group B (30 min- Shallow end)
5:20 - 6:05 p.m. 7-8 Age Group (45 min)
6:15 - 7:00 p.m. 9 and up Age Group (45 min)
2021 Swim Team Cost
The registration fees for 2021 are as follows:
Each additional swimmer
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT
Families who register by April 14th will receive a $15 discount. This discount is taken from the first swimmer fee (so $165 for first swimmer instead of $180).
OPEN SWIMMER DISCOUNT
If your swimmer is age 15-18, the fee will be $50, regardless of how many swimmers are in your family. We know the big kids have lots on their plates, but we want them to participate, especially in meets! Talk to a rep if your older swimmer would also like to earn volunteer hours (non-coaching).
Other Registration Notes
- A T-shirt and end-of-year party fee for each athlete is included in the registration fee.
- When registering, additional T-shirts can be ordered for $10 (except XXL $15). In addition, parents and non-swimming siblings can pay for their end-of-party fees ($10 for adults and kids who eat like adults; $5 for kids).
- Opt out for volunteering is $150
- In order to join the swim team, NON Westchester residents must pay the Westchester HOA for pool use. Click here for their Website.
- Reminder Westchester residents will not have to pay a pool membership fee as it included in HOA dues. However, you will need to pay a $10 administrative fee for tags and keys as well as fill out a liability form.
- For practices, athletes can wear appropriate swimsuits, but when participating in the meets, it is mandatory to wear the team's uniform. (NOTE: team swimsuits will not be mandatory for the 2021 swim season)
Swimsuits / Uniforms
Our team suit for 2021 will continue to be
A link to the sizing charts is here.
*** Please note that we will not require team swimsuits to be purchased. We will NOT have suits available for you to purchase.
If you wish to purchase a team suit, you can purchase on Amazon. You can also purchase a basic navy uniform from Amazon as well. Use links below to purchase.
Dolphins Lightning & Thunderstorm Policy
Summertime is here! But with all the fun, sun, cookouts, and swimming also come rain and storms. In our area of the country, these storms can seemingly pop up without warning, and have unpredictable patterns (i.e. in Houston, storms do not always move west to east).
While it is disappointing to miss swim practice or have to get out early, for the safety of all children and adults, our team follows the industry standard in response to lightning and thunderstorms:
- When thunder and/or lightning are first noticed, pool activities will be immediately suspended and all people must evacuate the pool and clear the deck areas. Pool activities will be suspended for thirty (30) minutes from the time the first thunder is heard or first lightning is sighted.
- Pool activities will continue to be suspended until thirty minutes after the last thunder is heard.
You may read our Emergency Action Plan here. Thank you for your support in keeping our team safe!
~WST Reps and Coaching Staff