News and Notes for week of June 11
Howdy Dolphin Families!
First, let's give a cheer for this week's Dolphins of the Week:
- 6 and Under: Audrey Easterly for being brave in her first meet
- 7-8: Bennett Stowers for his awesome attitude
- 9-10: Greyson Walters for an awesome butterfly
- 11 and Up: Huma Sawaf for having a great attitude
We are in our final two weeks of the 2018 season, and there's still a lot of events left for the Dolphins.
- 3 p.m. Wednesday, June 13: Relay Invitational at Briar Grove Park (Registration is closed for swimmers, but volunteers can sign up here.)
- 8 a.m. Saturday, June 16: Tri-meet at Briar Village. This is another tri-meet like what we had last Saturday. Expect it to go until around 1:30 p.m. Registration for swimmers and volunteers is open. Swimmer registration will be open until 4 p.m. Thursday, and you can find the link here. Volunteer registration is available here.
- 8 a.m. Friday, June 22: Prelims
- 8 a.m. Saturday, June 23: Finals
- 6:30 p.m. Saturday, June 23: End-of-year party
In order to participate in the prelims, a swimmer must participate in two events. Swimmers must qualify in the prelims to swim in the finals.
Special Wednesday Practice
Coach Jim and Coach Luke will be holding a special one-hour practice from 11 a.m. to noon on Wednesday to help our swimmers prepare for the Relay Meet that will be held Wednesday afternoon. All swimmers who can independently swim across the pool are welcome to attend.
There will be no other Wednesday practices due to the Relay Meet.
Relay Meet at 3 p.m. on Wednesday
This meet will be held at Briar Grove Park. We will have an assigned area for our team camp.
Remember, it is important to ensure that your swimmer is at the meet on time because when one swimmer is not there, the three other swimmers on the relay team cannot race. In case of an emergency like a sick swimmer, please inform us as soon as possible. A text message (832-353-0675), even at 4 a.m., is preferred above looking for a coach at the meet!
Tri-meet at 8 a.m. on Saturday
This will be our last regular meet of the season. It will be at the same pool where the prelims and finals will be held, so your swimmer/s can get used to the pool before prelim competition.
Unfortunately, Coach Traci will not be able to attend this meet, but our swimmers will be in great hands with Coach Jim, Coach Luke and our other great student coaches.
Get ready for the swim team end-of-the-year party
Be on the lookout for an email about the year-end party. It will be from 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Saturday, June 23, after finals are over. We will need a lot of help for the party, so if you haven't volunteered yet, this is where we can use your help.
As always, thank you all for your help and support of the Westchester Dolphins Swim Team
Have a great week,
The Westchester Dolphins Team Reps